Athletic Mouth Guards
Athletic Mouth Guards Keep Your Teeth Protected
During the team sport seasons, such as hockey, football, lacrosse, basketball and so on, you want to be certain you and your family wear athletic mouth guards in order to be fully protected against any potential injuries you may sustain.
Dental injuries in team sports are quite common; they can be extremely costly and cause serious damage to your teeth. Preventing oral injuries is key – with a custom mouth guard you can ensure your mouth is protected and drastically reduce the chance of injuries to the teeth.
Dr Fawzia Husain’s dental practice is offering custom-fitted athletic mouth guards for a very reasonable price. Make an appointment with one of our staff to take a mold of your teeth in order to achieve a custom fit and the mouth guard will be ready in a few days. There is a myriad of colors available to choose from and if you want a custom-colour mouth guard to match your team colors, they are available for a nominal upgrade fee. Enquire about other customizing services such as logos too.
Don’t let your family members start the season without an athletic mouth guard. There are generic mouth guards available, but a properly-fitted custom mouth guard will be more beneficial and more protective than a generic one. When you wear an athletic mouth guard during sports activities, the risk of injuries to the mouth is reduced by approximately 90 percent.
- They allow you to breathe normally, swallowing and won’t affect your athletic performance while protecting the teeth.
- They help to absorb any impact made during game activity. Whether it’s a fall, a hit to the face or a collision, a custom mouth guard helps lessen the potential trauma.
- They last longer than generic mouth guards. While customized mouth guards might be a little more costly, they have a longer life and offer more thorough protection than generic ones. A customized mouth guard lasts an average of one year.
- They are more effective because they are specially shaped to your mouth. No two people have the same teeth and a custom athletic mouth guard will be created specifically for you in order to offer the most complete protection possible. Generic mouth guards come in one shape and don’t accommodate the variety of oral differences and therefore can’t guarantee the same level of protection as a customized mouth guard.
- Your can get a mouth guard that matches your team’s colors, or any customized colours you may want.
You don’t want to wait until after you suffer an oral injury to get a custom-fitted athletic mouth guard. Take the proper steps to avoid any potentially serious injuries and costly dental work by making an appointment with our office. The process is quick and simple and you will have full oral protection in just a few days after the initial appointment.
It’s impossible to completely prevent injuries from happening when playing sports, but you will have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that if you have that big collision from out of nowhere you’ll be protected. Ensure you and your family’s teeth stay as safe as possible with a customized athletic mouth guard from Dr. Husain at the Waterloo Smiles Dentistry. Click here are make an appointment today or call anytime