Tips to Maintain Your Newly Whitened Smile
If you’ve just undergone our ZOOM teeth whitening Waterloo service, then you’ll want to make sure that you keep those teeth as white as possible for as long as possible. The following are a few tips that will help you keep your newly whitened teeth sparkling clean:
- Brush your teeth regularly – Just because you’ve gotten your teeth whitened doesn’t mean you no longer have to brush them as often. Keep them white by brushing them for two minutes at least twice a day. Brush slowly and steadily using a soft bristle or even better, an electric toothbrush along with a teeth whitening toothpaste to help prevent stains from accumulating back onto your teeth.
- Don’t smoke – If you’re a smoker, then you should quit. Tobacco, whether it’s chewed or smoked, will release tar and nicotine into your mouth, which will soak into your teeth’s enamel causing them to turn yellow.
- Add plenty of calcium to your diet – Calcium will help to keep your teeth white and strong, and it can help to reduce the risk of gum disease to boot. So make sure that you either consume foods or liquids with plenty of calcium in them on a daily basis or take a calcium supplement.
- Avoid certain liquids – There are certain liquids that will stain your teeth over time. These include teas, coffees and red wine. Liquids like sodas or juices that are high in acidity can cause damage to your teeth over time as well. If you are going to drink these liquids, then consider using a straw so that your teeth aren’t affected. If you don’t have a straw or don’t like using straws, then at the very least brush your teeth or rinse your mouth after you’ve had one of these liquids to drink.
- Eat strawberries – You might think that strawberries could stain your teeth, but they actually help your teeth to preserve their whiteness. This is because strawberries are full of malic acid. This may not sound like a good thing, but malic acid will actually help prevent discoloration of your teeth’s enamel. Strawberries also act as an exfoliant of sorts by removing tartar from your teeth when you bite into them.
If you’ve just had your teeth whitened at our Waterloo family dentistry, then be sure to follow these tips to keep them white. If you’re interested in having your teeth whitened, then contact us today at our Waterloo Smiles dentistry.