Why Dental Veneers?
Teeth that are damaged can greatly impact your self-confidence. Fortunately, there is a solution. If your teeth are chipped, stained, worn down, or abnormally spaced, you can have dental veneers custom made to fit over your teeth. Dental veneers are made from porcelain or composite resin and can give your teeth a natural look once they are bonded to your teeth’s original enamel. The following are just a few reasons to consider getting dental veneers in Waterloo:
- They are strong – Porcelain and composite resin are both very strong materials, which means that your veneers won’t prevent you from eating the things you like since they are not likely to be damaged due to regular use.
- They are long-lasting – As long as you take care of your teeth, your dental veneers should last for a long time. In fact, they’ve been known to last upwards of 15 years.
- They match your natural tooth colour – Nobody will notice that you have a dental veneer fitted over your tooth. The veneer will be made to match the natural colour of your teeth.
- You can change your smile – if you prefer a whiter brighter and straighter smile, veneers can do this “instant” change. With proper planning and design of the case, you can achieve the smile you have always dreamt of.
- The procedure is quick and painless – The process of having your dental veneers fitted onto your teeth won’t take long and is a painless procedure. The dentist will begin by removing a thin layer of enamel from the targeted tooth. Your dental veneers will then be customized to fit your tooth. It will typically take two weeks for the veneers to be ready for placement. The dentist will then clean, polish, and etch the targeted tooth before fitting your dental veneer over it using a powerful bonding agent.
- They are stain-resistant – Porcelain veneers are actually more resistant to stains than regular teeth are, which means that you won’t have to worry about them becoming discoloured over time. It also means you won’t have to avoid coffee, tea, or other things that generally cause discolouration.
- No recovery is needed – Once your new dental veneers have been placed, you can immediately leave the dental office and return to life as usual. There is typically minimal discomfort, and few limitations on what you can eat.
If you have any teeth that are visibly flawed, whether they’ve taken on a yellowish colour or they’ve been chipped, then you should consider getting custom dental veneers. For more information about getting dental veneers in Waterloo, contact Waterloo Smiles today or call us for a no obligation consultation. It’s a sure way to change your smile.